Covid 19 Update
During these unusual times we continue to work with full consideration for the Health and Safety of our Colleagues and our Supply Chain. We have implemented a number of changes both at site level and within the office environment to ensure that our facilities are fit for purpose and that all our colleagues, staff and visitors can feel safe when working within our facilities.
Additional measures we have undertaken include:
- Our site offices have been re-modelled to make sure all desks are two metres apart, masks have to be worn on all staircases and when entering and leaving the building
- Face Recognition Access Control – To Reduce Contact for all Staff and Visitors on Site
- Thermal Imaging Camera – All people on site will have their temperatures recorded via our thermal imaging camera, those with raised temperatures will be refused entry to site
- Social Distancing – Additional Breakout Space has been provided to ensure Social Distancing can be maintained
- Sanitization Stations – Provided throughout all our Sites and Offices with additional washing facilities
- Travel – Encouragement of travelling alone where possible
- Daily Task Briefings – Being Held Outside
- Additional Briefings – To emphasise the importance of the Health Guidelines are now the new ‘norm’
- Staggered Inductions and Breaks are now ‘Business as Usual’
- Canteens have been spaced out and Perspex sheets placed on the tables to allow two people per sitting to safely sit in the canteens, with alternative sittings to minimise the number of people allowed in the canteens at any one time.
- We have also converted areas on our developments into additional canteen facilities and ensure that we deep clean the offices and welfare facilities every weekend, with additional cleaners present in the canteens to clean every table before the tables are reused
- Westfields have also instigated a red and green card system that shows any operative coming into the canteens that the table has been cleaned from the last sitting.
- Operatives are restricted to 5 people only in the hoists at any time, masks have to be worn when using the hoists or stairs. Inductions are restricted to six people only wearing masks at all times registering for the induction has also now been moved to an on-line procedure.
Westfields Construction continue to work through these challenging times in accordance with the Governments guidance and advice to ensure all our colleagues have a safe place to work.