Ensure projects are progressed through the stages of: Opportunity, Tender and Contract; by:
- Interrogating project arrangements to establish the roles and design responsibilities of consultants, specialist trade contractors and the Westfields Team
- Challenging the design to minimise waste, maximise value and reduce risk
- Implementing agreed processes for the production, control and distribution of design information at different project stages
- Ensuring regular progress reporting of the design, covering production, coordination and interfaces, against a timeline
- Ensuring design information is thoroughly reviewed for: build ability, safety and maintainability, ‘completeness’ & technical suitability before use
- Undertake technical review of bid documents and establish ‘completeness’ of design information therein. Determine design risks and the type and extent of any additional inputs required.
- Establish and review required design deliverables. As appropriate: interview and obtain fee quotations to undertake defined design roles. Create a Design Responsibilities matrix with the teams.
- Review design with the project team to identify opportunities for innovation and value engineering.
- Establish requirements for Tender return and assist Bid Manager to collate all necessary drawings, specifications, Contractors Proposals, programmes, methodology and other necessary items
- Review with the Westfields project team, the roles and responsibilities of the consultants and specialists. Confirm the scope of services required and formalise the Design Responsibilities matrix
- Contribute to the production of the Design and Procurement Programme by the planning and resourcing function. Identify and agree the design deliverables required and ensure effective processes are in place for reporting design progress
- Where required ensure information flow, including RFIs/TQs is maintained to all relevant parties and that comments / approvals are received and returned to document / query originator within the specified comments / approval periods. Identify co-ordination issues and package interfaces and ensure each party is amending their work as the design progresses
- Where required, contribute to the procurement process, including scope definitions, and agree and expedite the design team’s package deliverables. Review returns for compliance, build ability, quality and value engineering opportunities
- Where required review design information before it is issued to ensure compliance with Contract, Company and Statutory requirements. Ensure appropriate, timely arrangements for obtaining Client, statutory approvals (incl. discharge) and other necessary approvals with retention by Westfields of relevant documentation
- Where required identify critical quality and tolerance issues to the construction package as installation progresses
- Where required expedite designers and trade contractors contributions to the project Health & Safety file / Operation & Maintenance Manuals
- Ability to swiftly appraise all types of information for completeness
- Good communication skills (spoken and written)
- Reasoning and problem solving skills – with ability to think laterally experience in CAD, Document Control & Planning systems
- Technical understanding of design and specification issues
- Thorough knowledge of the design and construction process
Equal Opportunities: We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or civil partner status, age or pregnancy and maternity.
To all recruitment agencies: Westfields does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our vacancies, employees or any other person acting on behalf of us. Westfields is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.