Assistant Quantity Surveyor
ASSISTANT QUANTITY SURVEYOR
To provide commercial, contractual and financial management service to the project and the business to ensure project and business profit objectives and targets are met and cash is managed to maximise cash performance, all in a manner consistent with the company systems.
To maximise the financial effectiveness and profitability of the business through diligent application of proper contractual and commercial practices and with the careful management of risk.
- Assist in procurement of supplies and sub-contractors.
- Responsibility for a specific area or areas within a project.
- All Quantity Surveying duties including measurement, valuation and agreement of work sections.
- Assist with preparation of interim applications for payment and internal valuations.
- Measurement and agreement of simple subcontractors’ accounts.
- Assisting in preparation of loss and expense submissions.
- Preparation and agreement of records
- Assisting with the preparation of final account, including pricing
- Assist in the preparation of monthly contract review reports
- Notify your manager of any issue/risk which has arisen/might arise which could affect the business/project
- Take an active role in ensuring Health and Safety is managed effectively on site.
- Report all hazards and unsafe practices they observe to the site manager.
- Cooperate with other departments and sub-contractors in Health and Safety matters.
- BSc Quantity Surveying graduate
- Contributes to the team
- Works collaboratively
- Gains colleagues and customers respect for his/her views
- Is responsive to customer’s needs
- Seeks out ways to add value to customer’s business
- Strives for achievement of project goals
- Always puts safety first
- Demonstrates loyalty, honesty and commitment
- Presents a professional image and promotes the brand
- Adopts new ways of working with enthusiasm
- Shows initiative in resolving problems
- Understands and seeks to minimise waste in resources and processes
- Delivers a reliable output of work to meet requirements
Equal Opportunities: We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or civil partner status, age or pregnancy and maternity.
To all recruitment agencies: Westfields does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our vacancies, employees or any other person acting on behalf of us. Westfields is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.